Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Sorry that I haven't written in so long...life has just been so complicated and I haven't gotten a chance to sit down and type up a post. But now I'm taking up a little bit of my time to do so. :)

Hmmm...we're basically in the process of moving in right now so you can imagine what life is like. Tiffany has more information about our move on her blog.
The conference was lovely. We didn't get to dance like we had planned. But we had a charming ladies tea (where I ate too many cream puffs to count...), where we chatted over a tea and snacks. Though Sierra, Lenna and I drank too much tea and started bouncing off the walls...go figure. :) It was fun though.

I also met two girls at the conference (both of them were much taller than me) who were ages 10 and 13. I was talking to them and to Grace Bandy (who is 13 too) when they looked at Grace and asked how old she was. She said "Thirteen." Then the question came to me. "How old are you?" They asked as all three of them looked down at me. I smiled. "Oh I'm sixteen this month." They probably didn't believe me. :) I mean come on, I'm not that short. I'm 5'2!! Oh well. I guess I just know tall people. :)

After the conference was over most of the families from church stayed a bit longer and we had an exciting rubber band war. It started with Sierra and I and James and David. We were trying to convince them to dance...bad idea. A bit painful. But fun. :D

And James is leaving this week. :( We're not very happy about that.

ttyl.

jessica

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you posted again. I was beginning to worry about you. I wish we could have met in Nashville. Oh well, life goes on. Yeah I know how hectic moving can be. Did you all fight for your rooms or were they already planned. I know every time my brothers and I go to a house that's on the market (even though my parents probably haven't seriously thought of buying it), we always discuss which room goes which people. It's very entertaining. TTYL

Jessica McDonald said...

I know, that would have been so much fun to get together. I'm so sorry that it didn't work out. Maybe next time...
lol. Yeah, there was a bit of arguing over who would get which room but in the end, Mom and Dad ended up deciding who got to be where. :D

jess

Megan Rose said...

I know what it is like to be short...I am only five feet two inches...most people are taller then me too! I am sure there are many advantages to being short...I just can't think of any at present:)

Anonymous said...

finally, a post!
how are you?
you seem stressed.
and tired.
you seem stired. hahahahahaha. i just made myself laugh. ...ok, sorry, i'm in a weird mood. must go eat now!

Danya <><

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica, Grace is 13? I thought she was 12...oh well. What have you been doing?
Glad you finally posted,
Sierra

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting Jessica!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica!

How are ya? Wow, I havn't talked to you in awhile. How's the new house comin along? miss ya! :) Talk to ya soon, I hope.

God bless,
Kayla

Jessica McDonald said...

Megan...lol. I can't seem to think of any either. but I'm sure there are. :)

Danya, actually, I am tired. :D Not so much stressed...I could use some more sleep. My baby brother has been sleeping in my bedroom and he gets up like four times a night and screams. So I'm really tired...but happy! :)lol.

Sierra, yeah, she's 13...I think. :D I haven't been doing much besides cleaning. go figure. :) How are the b-day plans? Still the 6th? I'm gonna try to call you tommorow, I have a question to ask you...

Talya, you're welcome! :D

Kayla, everything's great. Yeah, it has been a long time. The house is lovely.

ttfn.

jessica

Anonymous said...

O_o Where'd your latest post go?

Aye, Grace is 13. :-D

Anonymous said...

All right. Yes it's still the 6th

Jessica McDonald said...

Ashton, yeah, I guess that looked a little weird. :D But I decided to keep this post up a little longer, since it hadn't been up very long. :) btw, Tiff's working on her tag thingy. :)

Sierra...goody gumdrops! I guess I'll see you tommorow, then! :)

jessica

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica! [goody gumdrops]??????

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the exact same thing. Come to think of it, I like that phrase. I might have to steal it!!!!

Jessica McDonald said...

lol. :D I love that phrase...it's so awesome! :D

jess

The Pookie said...

When you have 15 mins to spare (I know... small chance) put up some pics of your new house!!! What are the sleeping arrangements (i.e. how many people are you sharing a room with?)

John is doing so much better... I typed out the whole story on my blog if you didn't get it all.

TTYL

Brooke

The Pookie said...

Where is James going?

brooke

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope you guys get all settled soon. and i hope you can get a nap or something. lol. i wouldn't love to sleep with a little brother who woke me up that much. you've got guts. haha.

Danya <><

Jessica McDonald said...

Brooke, I'll try to post photos when I get a chance. It's so pretty...I just have to. :D
I'm glad to hear John is doing better. I felt so bad for him I bet that was really painful!
James actually doesn't live here in IL. He's still living in TX, so he came up for a visit and is leaving on Tuesday. :(
I'm sharing a room with Tiff and Melissa, but it's a HUGE room (it's actually an attic room.). It's pretty cool.

Danya, believe me, it's not fun at all. But, I guess it's preparing me for if I ever have babies in the future. And then it won't be new (waking up in the night all the time!) :D

jess

Anonymous said...

haha. yeah, i guess.
so guess what??? I am getting to lead worship in a session at a pure in heart conference that's gonna be here in tn. i also am getting to lead worship for a youth retreat in tn the week after! its the first two weeks of nov. be praying!

Danya