Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

I had an interesting conversation with Emma (3) today. It went like this:

"Emma?" I brought her to my side. "I'm going to say 'Emma, what are you?' and you're going to say 'I'm a McDonald'. And I'm going to say, 'What are McDonalds? And you're going to say, 'McDonald's are free.' Okay?"

She nodded obediently. "Okay, Jekka."

I took a deep breath. "Emma, what are you?"

"A McDonald!" She replied confidently.

"And what are McDonalds?" I urged.

She paused for a moment. "Ummm...................Females!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A new post at last. What do you mean by (3)?

Jessica McDonald said...

That's how old she is. :D

Robin said...

That is so cute! I'm sure she'll get it down one day.
Hey, maybe after she's learned that McDonalds are free, you could teach her somehting new like "Who do McDonald's serve?" then "Who do McDonald's fear?"
Copied ideas are the best kind, aren't they? ;) You can get the results without having to think it all up on your own.
I can't wait till she learns it all! How darling...

Jessica McDonald said...

LOl. Yes, they're copied ideas!! :D hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica! Hows it goin??

Anonymous said...

yeah,copied from our family! We do that with Maili! Update on Reilly-
he still has not smiled,but maybe by Christmas!