Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!

Happy Fourth of July!!! In honor of the day celebrating America's independence, I shall post something special. :) Here's a song for today:

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

Another song celebrating America that I like is "God Bless the USA", but for the sake of not boring you to death with every song that I've ever come across, I'll just post the chorus.

I’m proud to be an American
where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.
And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land
God bless the U.S.A.


Now that I'm on a roll, I might as well post my two favorite Americana pictures.





































And to end this post I shall quote Patrick Henry, "Besides sir, we shall not figh tour battles alone. There is a just God who presides overt the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone: it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave."


"GOD BLESS AMERICA, land that I love, stand beside her and guide her through the night with a light from above!!!!"

Have an awesome 4th of July!!!!

2 comments:

The Pookie said...

hey jess, quick question... what kind of music do yall use to dance to? I had a blast dancing!

bb

Jessica McDonald said...

uh....we have a cd called "Celtic Dances" and we also use the "Master and Commander" soundtrack.
It was sooo much fun! I can't wait till we can do it again!!!!!

jess