Tuesday, August 29, 2006

I'm Living, Laughing and Loving...

What a long few days! So much has been going on that I can't think of where to start.
Well, I guess you know that we're moving...well, actually we've moved. I am sitting here, in our hotel in Illinois, typing on the computer.:)
It all seems so unreal, that we're actually here, and most likely never to see our "home" again.

Christa's bridal shower went beautifully, and ended in many tears and hugs. It was so wonderful that we were able to see a lot of our friends and relatives before we left for the great land of Lincoln. ;) We're going to miss our Texas friends so very much...but it is comforting to know that we are going to have a whole new group of friends up here!

After the shower we made our way back home to clear up all the things that the movers had left (the things that we were putting in our trailer.). As I ran my hand along the bare walls of my home, and looked about at the great empty rooms...the tears came to my eyes. This place was my home. I grew up here. I have thousands of memories from this place. I've lived here eight years of my life. This is the place that I love. This place is....home. But I knew that it was time to move on. So after shedding many a tear we left the house that we've known to move on to where God has called us...to Illinois.
But, for your information, we still will be Astros fans, we will still say "y'all" and we will still sing "Dixie" when we cross the Abraham Lincoln bridge...so there. :)
Illinois is so beautiful right now. And the weather is cool and the air is crisp and clean, and I'm ready to start our new life.

The realtor took us to look at some houses today...which was fun. We're hoping to move into a home soon since we don't want to live in a hotel forever. :)

Well, I'm off to bed, it's very late. I'll try to update some more tommorow. (If there is anything to update about. :D)


jess

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica, I just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you guys. Let me know if you need anything, at all! :) Love ya.

God bless,
Kayla

Anonymous said...

Jess,
Glad to hear that you made it safely to Illinois. Hope you find a lovely home soon that you can decorate with Southern Charm :)
I laughed when I read on Tiffany's blog about Illinois once belonging to Va.
Enjoy the changes that the Lord has brought your way and anticipate the many blessings!
Mrs.Dumais

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, sorry we could see y'all one last time. Let me know when you are coming down! Miss you!
AnnaB

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't want to live in a hotel forever either. You know, I'm really glad you're trusting God with all of this. You know, instead of throwing a tantrum, stating that you're never ever ever ever going to move, and threatening that if you move you'll die. You're not an average teenager, that's for sure. But it's a good thing, trust me! Love you and I'm praying for you.

Danya

Jessica McDonald said...

Kayla: Thank you, Kayla. I really appreciate the prayers!

Mrs. Dumais: I think that we will!

Anna: I'll try to send you a letter soon and give you an update. We miss y'all too. hey, how about you have Sean fly you up? :D lol.

Danya: Thank you so much. You're so encouraging! It's hard to trust God when it's so rough over here, but I'm trying my best! Thank you for the prayers! I love you and I miss you!

jess

Anonymous said...

I hope you like snow. Yep, don't stop saying ya'll. It's great to say that and have someone say to you, "Where are from???"




Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)

Anonymous said...

hey, was wondering if you guys are coming to nashville for a conference this month or something. i didn't know there was one, but mom told me to ask you if you were coming. i hope you are. maybe we could get together.

Danya

Jessica McDonald said...

Aaron- Yes, I LOVE snow! And I swear I will NEVER stop saying y'all!!! :D

Danya- I think we are going to a conference in Nashville sometime at the end of this month. That would be so awesome if we could get together. Maybe for dinner or something. Or lunch. I'll ask my Dad for exact dates.


jess