Thursday, August 21, 2008



So, Tiff’s gone to Alabama. Life carries on…I suppose. :-) Thankfully, depression has not yet set in *grin* (though we do miss you dreadfully, Tiff!).

We enjoyed a delicious Crab Spinach Bisque for dinner last night. It’s been soooo long since I’ve eaten that stuff…bisque that is. The “seafood” bit is new to me, as I’m used to just shrimp (this one had crab. Yum!).

ANYWAY…so what does life consist of at the moment?


Jesus… My Savior and the ultimate goal we’re pressing towards! How I strive to serve Him modre fully!


Church…I miss y’all!!! Next Sunday sure is slow in coming!


Family…keeps one on one’s toes, I assure you. But absolutely worth the trouble!


Sisters…for they know all about you and still love you.



Brothers…as Jane Austen so wisely put it, “What strange creatures brothers are!” But I still love them fiercely!


Children…Who couldn’t like them?! Speaking of which, a story about William is soon to follow (in another post)!!


Books…An amazing book by Martha Peace, “Damsels in Distress,” (which our ladies group at church is reading/studying together). And of course, stacks of books I’ve ordered from the library to fill in the gap of “Classic Literature” that I haven’t yet read…too many to name. :-)

Movies…”Robin Hood” is always fun to watch...and as Allen would say, "Not being funny, but..." :-) (I know, Lily, I know! *laughs*)


School…*cough* Math never ceases to annoy me. History never ceases to fascinate me. Worldview never ceases to interest me. Science never ceases to bore me. But, really, I do try. :-)

Friends…I keep thinking of how I miss y’all so much…all y’all that don’t live near, and even those of you who do. How truly thankful I am for y’all! A person is truly blessed, who has friends!

Laughter…for it is music to the soul.

Music…for 'it is what feelings sound like.'


God bless your week exceedingly!

In Christ Alone,

Jessica Nicole

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice little saying about sisters, family, etc. You don't know me but I've posted on your sisters blog before.

Elizabeth R.

Jasmine Baucham said...

We just finished watching the second season of Robin Hood -what fun! :)

Despite his flaws, I do like Allen, though.

~Jasmine

Lazy D Ranch said...

We miss y'all too! ~Heather and the Davis kids
www.lazydranch8.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

OOOOH! I like the new look, Jessica!!!

Miss you too,
Laura

Elissa said...

I'm glad you went with the new look Jess, I know I said I liked the old one best, but this one is GREAT!!!! ('Cept it makes me miss my bro and my friends in TX... *SNIFF*) :D And I love all the sidebar stuff!
Love you tons!!!!!!
Lis

Jessica McDonald said...

Elizabeth R, it's nice to meet you!!

Jasmine, Same here! And I'm glad that he ends up doing the right thing in the end!! But what was with the AWFUL ending?! I'm trying to convince myself that it was a dream sequence or something!! :-D

Davis', Come visit us soon!!!! *HUGS*

Laura, Thank you!!!

Elissa, Thank you! Yeah, as I told you I'm in this Texas mood, LOL! But our new computer (well, it's actually old we just haven't set it up in a year) has TONS of programs on it (including photoshop! Yay!) so I decided to make some blog headers with 'Fireworks MX' (yay)! It's TOO fun! :-) Love you bunches!!!!

In Christ Alone,

Jess

Bontrager Family Singers said...

Jessica,
I love your new blog look! Great job. I'd love to get into web desighn stuff, too. Keep posting!
Blessings,
Allison Bontrager

Bontrager Family Singers said...

Oh! Could we see some of teh wedding pictures sometime? My sister plans to photograph a wedding this fall, and I may be helping her. It would be fun to see some of the pictures that your sister and you took, and to get some ideas!
Allison

Jessica McDonald said...

Allison, thank you! I'm just kind of getting into the whole design world, but so far it's quite fun. :-)
About the wedding pictures...I'll try to post some when I get a chance!

In Christ Alone,

Jess

None said...

Oh, I totally agree with you about math!! :)