Saturday, May 14, 2005

Caleb's Horrid Experience!

Did you ever wonder what it would be like to fall out of the back of a pickup truck? Well, Caleb did this week, and here is his experience in his own words:

"Yesterday afternoon while I was at work, I was helping some of the guys take the garbage out to the dumpster. We loaded all the boxes into the back of a friends pick-up truck and I climbed into the bed at sat myself on top of all the stuff. My friend started the engine and slowly pulled out of the space where we were parked. Before I knew what was happening, I realized that I was no longer sitting on top of cardboard boxes, but doing several flips through the air! Another friend, who was outside watching, started to run after me. After spinning like Sonic, I came crashing down on the pavement and made a smooth (ha-ha) landing like an airplane and came to a complete stop beside the sewer drain.

My sister came out and after realizing what had happened, she had my other sister get a wet cloth to clean my very bloodied face. Everybody tried to let me know it was all okay, but I had already gone into shock. My mom came out to find out where we were, and then she ran inside to get my dad. They took me inside and gave me a cookie, and then my friend went out and bought me a frozen fruit bar.

My jeans and shirt were all torn and filthy. I lost a bunch of skin off of my knees, elbows, shoulders, arms and face. When we got home, my dear mother cleaned my wounds up and tried to make them feel better. I had so much trouble sleeping, but thankfully, I am feeling better now. We had to throw my clothes away, but one of my older sisters kept my back pocket for her memory box...but she will never know what is in the back pocket. ;-)" -Caleb McDonald

No comments: