Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Updates

April 27,2006

Where shall I begin? So much has happened in just the past few days. But I’ll try to remember as much as possible.

Well, on Thursday we visited a Vineyard and learned how wine is made (which was very interesting!), and that same evening we had a bunch of fun at the Sinnamon’s house, where the men were having a meeting. While the men were in the living area, us girls headed outside to enjoy the freezing air and light rain, and danced in the yard for an hour or two. It was a lot of fun, and even though I froze to death, I still enjoyed myself, and I think everyone else did too.

The next day we drove an hour and a half away from our hotel to Massachusetts where we enjoyed Old Sturbridge Village! It was a neat little town, and we had a lot of fun, exploring, taking pictures, enjoying the cool weather and looking at the lovely scenery. I got a bunch of pictures and I’ll try to post them if I get a chance.

Then, the next day we packed up, left our hotel and came back up to MA to set up for the Mass Hope Conference. After we set up, we enjoyed a quick dinner in the convention hall and then went back to our hotel to go and enjoy a long-needed sleep.

Now, here I am at the conference watching the booth…

But now Tiffany is back so I’d better depart. Farewell!

May 1, 2006

Here I am again, typing away on yet another long drive (except this time we’re on our way through New York.)!

Yesterday was quite an exciting day, so I thought it only fair that I tell you about it.

The day started when we woke up yesterday morning (obviously.). We had some breakfast and loaded up in the van to make our way to Boston, Massachusetts, where we had made plans to meet up with my Aunt Michelle (my mothers sister.) When we finally made it to Boston we were shocked to find that there was absolutely no place to park. The roads were chaos. Cars going every which way, and people crossing the streets at free will. It was terrible. But, luckily the town was lovely and we enjoyed the view. It took us (after much agony!) about an hour and a half to two hours to find a parking spot, and when we finally did, it was pretty far from where we wanted to be. Oh well. So, we made our way (after meeting up with my aunt.) through Boston on foot, enjoying the gorgeous weather.

We passed through the Harvard College campus had the joy of seeing Boston and its loveliest (the weather was wonderful!). After a pleasant walk we stopped at John Harvard’s for a bite to eat. Then we went to Starbucks and after that to a park on the campus. Then, we went to an antique store, then to my aunts house. After a short visit over there, we made it to our final destination…The Barking Crab, restaurant right off of the Boston Harbor (you know, the Boston tea party?). We enjoyed some delicious seafood, and then we departed. So all in all it was a splendid day. Pictures to follow!

May 2, 2006

I can't beleive it! I honestly CAN'T BELEIVE IT! Take a wild guess about where the McDonald family is right now! You can't guess? I didn't think so! Well, I'll tell you, just to put you out of your agony....








ONTARIO, CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is SOOOO cool! Not that Canada is something special or anything, it's just that I've never ever, in my whole life been out of the USA and now it's finally happened! I'm SOOO excited!
We actually weren't sure if we could get through or not, since only Dad, Mom, Christa and Tiffany had a source of identification. (well, I had a library card...not sure if that counts.) But the cop said that he trusted us all to be US citizens and he let us through! Yah!!! :) So, here we are. We might go do something today over here in Canada, so if we do, I'll get photos and post them, when I get a chance to load them onto the computer!
But I'd better finish getting ready for the day so that I can go down to breakfast! Adieu!

2 comments:

The Pookie said...

Sounds like your having a blast!! I've never been farther north than Colorado....
How did you find the wine making?? My Dad's family has always made wine....My grandpa is wine maker, and is just now passing it onto my dad.. I watched him make it once, it was very interesting.
brooke

Jessica McDonald said...

I found it very interesting. Though I think that the old fashioned way of making wine is a lot cooler (you know, smooshing the grapes with feet!). But I bet it tastes better made with machines!